The purpose of ITIL® 4 is to provide people and organizations with comprehensive guidance for IT service management (ITSM), including the management of IT-enabled service in the digital economy. ITIL® 4 has been designed to help people and organizations establish and continually improve an effective, efficient, flexible, coordinated and integrated system for governance and management of services in the organization.
The ITIL® 4 Foundation course introduces the learner to the management of modern IT-enabled services, imparts knowledge of common language and key concepts, and shows how to improve the learners work and that of their organization with ITIL® 4 guidance.
Certification Examination Type and Duration
Upon completion of the course, candidates may sit the optional ITIL® Foundation examination leading to the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. Sixty (60) minutes (75 minutes and use of a dictionary for those taking the examination in a language other than their first language) is allowed for the closed-book, supervised examination which may be online or paper-based. The examination is a multiple-choice format consisting of forty (40) questions. A score of 26 out of 40 (65%) or better is required to pass the examination.
This course is for you if you are an IT and business learner new to service management, or a seasoned professional familiar with prior ITIL® versions and other industry best practice. This course is designed to:
- Help you understand the ITIL® 4 service management framework and how it has evolved to adopt modern technologies and ways of working
- Support your study for the optional ITIL® Foundation certification exam, and
- Act as a reference you can use in your work, further study and professional
This course specifies 12 contact hours, exclusive of examination preparation (including the review of the two included sample exams). The course is available as a self-directed
This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business learning (eLearning or Computer-Based-Training, with an optional online exam with remote process owners.Proctorr) or as a traditional classroom or virtual instructor-led training delivery.
At the end of this course, the learner should be able to recall, define and explain:
- Key concepts of service management (19 concepts)
- The four dimensions of service management
- The ITIL® Service Value System (5 components, purpose)
- The ITIL® guiding principles (7 principles)
- The ITIL® Service Value Chain activities (6 activities)
- ITIL® management practices (18: purpose, key terms; 7: details, fit within SVC)
- Option 1: Self Paced Training
- Option 2: Instructor Led Training
- Option 3: Corporate Training
- Option 4: Exam Voucher
- Option 5: Self-Paced Training & Exam Voucher
Purpose: Foundation level is to certify that each student gains the knowledge of the ITIL® terminology structure and basic concepts.
Multiple choice questions:
- 40 questions
- 26 marks to pass out of 40 available (65%)
- 60 Minutes duration
- Closed book